X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic TR826 Reciever problems

Over this past year I have bought 5 new planes from motion rc and also purchased many spare parts. Of these spare parts includes the 826 8 channel receivers. Due to work loads in the construction world I've not been able to put together all of these planes together. It is a treat when I finally get enough time to actually put one together.
    Anyhow I finally just got around to the FMS Snoots Sniper. When I received the plane I unpacked it to make sure everything was there and no shipping damage. While inspecting everything I didn't see a sequencer so I called motion and was told by Brad that it was already played in and under the wing connector board. After getting the wing ready I hooked up a brand new tactic 826 receiver to check everything out and to center the servos. (Ch1 ailerons Ch2 elevator Ch3 throttle Ch4 rudder Ch5 aux1 flaps Ch6 gear. All seems simple enough right. Well there is no rudder input and no gear input on the gear. I noticed that when going through the other stick movements holding the ailerons to the left the gear would deploy and then to the right retract. I went back and made sure everything was plugged in correctly and wire orientation was correct. Disconnected the rudder servo and checked with a servo tester and it works but is constantly buzzing no matter the position without the control rod attached. As for the gear it was assigned to the 2 position switch H on the tx with no effect. My flaps were assigned to switch G a three position switch with no problems. After checking all of the servos with a tester I pulled two other planes out with the same receiver and went through all the functions on those to make sure it was not something wrong with my tx. The other planes preformed flawlessly. After that I took a spare servo and hooked it to the receiver and a receiver battery pack and tested the channels on the reciever all separately. I didn't get anything to happen on channel 4(rudder) and. Channel 6(gear). By now I'm starting to get a little frustrated so I got out another brand new receiver that came from motion and put it in. Your not going to believe it. The absolute same thing. I even pulled it back out and tested this receiver the same as the first with the receiver battery pack and a servo. Now I'm at a loss as to if the receivers were a bad batch or something in the plane took them out. They were purchased within 2 months of each other and never removed from the packaging until I removed them to install them in this plane. I'm puzzled. I know they were wired correctly and to the correct channels I just don't know if everything is right under the control board for the wings as it came glued already in with the sequencer already in and under it. I really could use some advice right now because I don't want to lose another brand new receiver that's never been installed. I'll probably not get any help from motion on these because they are more than 30 days out. Thanks for taking the time to read and any advice.
    Dewey l

Hey guys. Anyone using tactic could you please chime in and let me know if you have experienced any of the difficulties I have described above. It's just to difficult to believe that I could have gotten to bad recovers back to back. Maybe I'm missing something. Also why has the forum changed. I liked it before because you could see instantly what had been posted that day.
    Dewey l

Comment

Dewey on all my tactic receivers retracts is channel 5 and flaps is channel 6. I don't have a plane like that so I can't help with that. It really sounds like the wires in the connector are crossed.

Comment

Yes it is really nuts. I hadn't got alot of experience with the tactic yet and so I was going by the Manuel stating that on wing type 1 aileron and 1 flap that channel 5 defaulted to flaps channel 5. That's why I put the flaps on g and the gear on h. I hadn't done anything with Frankie yet so this is the first plane I've felt with with a sequencer. I have checked and double checked to see if I have a wire in the wrong place and man it's driving me nuts. The only thing I can't tell is plugged where it shouldnt be is the sequencer. It was plugged in and glued in place under the wing attachment board out of the box. The worst thing is I used a receiver pack and a servo to check the receiver and the rudder and channel 6 ate not working on either recover now. Both brand new and never installed in anything until now. Buddy I'm pulling my hair out on this one. It just don't make sense. Do you have any recommendations on a better way to trouble shoot this. It would be greatly appreciated.
        Dewey l

Comment

Hobbico can be reached at 217-398-8970. For airplane support choose option 6. You can also email their technical support team at productsupport@hobbico.com. If you have any trouble or need any additional help from us, please let us know and we will be glad to assist. I believe the warranty for the Radios and Receivers is 1 year but one call to their Tech Support may resolve your issue.

Comment

BTW Wayne I'll give them a call and thanks for the information.
            Dewey l

Comment

Hey Farmflyer and Eaten. I think I've found the problem. Not sure thought. Wanted to try everything one more time so I had my information right when I call gingivitis tomorrow. Now when I hit the rudder the flaps deploy and channels 5&6 are dead. While I was going through everything I was looking at my tx and just noticed that my blue led was fading almost a flicker. It would get bright and then at any given time go dim. I just charged it last night and it's showing 5.4 volts on the screen. I'm fixing to pull the tactic receiver and put in a spectrum ar610 that is new and see what happens. Keep y'all posted.
              Dewey l

Comment

Sorry that was Wayne when I typed it in.
                Dewey l

Comment

My god I have got to reread every post before I post it. Hoobyco not gingervitus or what ever my phone put up.
                  Dewey l

Comment

I know when autocorrect changes your words it's frustrating but it's kinda funny to read sometimes. I can't wait to see what you found.

Comment

Actually gingivitis is more appropriate when dealing with some Tech Support. Good Luck and remember, if need be we will get involved. I had a good laugh as i thought that was intentional!! :cool:

Comment

Yes I was like whatttttt the. Man I was beside myself. I didn't get a chance to contact hobbico today because a vinyl job jumped up and we were not prepared so it was just me and the boss. Double the work load.
                        I did remove the tactic receiver and put in the spectrum ar610. Guess what. I'm almost there. Everything almost works. Wayne I got one problem I need you tech guys to help me with. Aierlon work elevator work throttle works rudder works(other than the constant buzzing) flaps work and the gear doors work. But the gear will not deploy. I flip the switch and the doors open for a little bit and then close without the gear dropping. I disconnected it from the receiver and hooked it to a servo tester and receiver pack and it works. Accordingly to the paperwork and the video on motions site everything appears to be plugged in correctly. But by this time I am unsure of anything.
                        Hey I really want to thank you guys for working with me on this so far and that's from the heart. Most of the nitros I've been flying has been 4 channel with the exception of the Pheniox Spitfire and a P51 mustang that I don't know who makes with robart retracts. I'll call hobbico tomorrow on my tx and talk with whoever answers the phone at motion and see if they can point me on to something.
                        Wayne are you available for the asking when I call or is it a drawl of whoever is on the line. I'm sure everyone is qualified though but it's tough to go over the same thing if they don't have any previous information. Anyhow thanks again (don't know if you want your real name up)Farmflyer and Wayne.
                        Dewey l

Comment

Hey Dewey I'm gathering you may be having a problem with the tactic transmitter that caused all the trouble on the plane.

Comment

It sure seems like it Farmflyer. I noticed that my blue led on the tx was fading with like a flicker. It would get dim and then bright again. Also I never know what the reciever is going to do after the throttle channel. It's crazy. The last time I had it hook up before putting in the ar610 the rudder would deploy the flaps. After installing the spectrum radio equipment everything pretty much works with the exception of one thing. When I flip the gear switch the gear doors open and then time out and then they close but the gear never deploys. It will do it one time only. You can unplug the flight battery and plug it back in and the doors will operate again. One time only then you have to kill power to it to get it to cycle again. Crazy thing is you can unplug the gear from the reciever and hook it to a servo tester and it works properly. Activate it with servo tester and the doors open and the gear comes down and the doors close back. Reverse servo tester and the doors open the gear comes up and the doors close.🤔🤔🤔🤔 . I think I've got some gremlins with this plane. It's starting to become an adventure. I called Hobbico on the tx and receivers and they told me to send them everything so they could test it and let me know if it's something covered under warranty. I talked with Matt over at motion on the retracts and he told me to submit a ticket and he would send me a sequence if the things he told me to do don't work. So now I'm grounded on the planes I have tactic in until I get my tx sent off and back. Going to ship it out on Monday. I hope to get bit back pretty quick and I hope they don't lose any of my stuff. They told me to send back everything that was in the box with the tx even the neck strap that came with it. Don't really think that could keep it from working but who am I to question them. Just as long as all my stuff comes back working I'll be happy. I'll let you know man. Hope your flying today. I'm hoping to tomorrow.
                            Dewey l

Comment

Hey Farmflyer. I just got back my tx today with a clean bill of health. They didn't specify but the diagnosis was a software conflict. Don't have any idea what that means. Anyhow the receivers checked out good and they said the tx is good to go now. Plane to switch out the spectrum reciever for the tactic tomorrow. Can't fly until Sunday. Dove season opens on Saturday and the owner of the land we fly off of is having a big pay hunt on 2 fields bordering our flying field. We can still fly if we wish but do it at the risk of getting your plane full of bird shot.
                              Dewey l

Comment

Good to hear Dewey. I hope you have good luck with it this time around.

Comment

I hope so to. Mostly what ive read has been on the 6 channel tx and the 8 is a little different in its defaults for certain channels. I'm still learning it but I have been impressed with it in what little love used it. That's like for channel 5. 1ail1f defaults to flaps and I've always been used to it defaulting or setting up for gear.
                                  Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                  X